Top 10 Tech Tips for Summer:
1. Learn Google. Go to their educational site, take the courses, you may even want to pay the $15 and torture yourself through the tests. It's worth it. If your school has not gone GAfE it will. It's not going away.
2. Take your Word Docs that you use for your students and convert them to PDF's. They will work better in Google Docs and on the iPad in Notability that way.
3. Organize your Google Drive.
4. Begin saving your files that you use all the time to Google Drive.
5. Try to go all summer without using Word/PPT or Exel and just use Google Docs. See if you can do it. Find the work arounds.
6. Organize digital photos onto the cloud or an external hard drive. Scan, scan, scan.
7. Look at your lesson plans. Come up with at least one new Project Based Lesson per trimester.
8. Use Socrative, Zaption, and Kahoot it to get ahead creating formative assessments and materials to flip your classroom.
9. Get to know your Chromebook and iPad apps-create your own content to use in the classroom.
10. Go on vacation, go to the spa, relax, and spend some time doing nothing that has to do with school and everything about taking care of yourself.